fbpx

In this chapter we present one of the most noble, tasty and famous wines of the Veneto region, the Torcolato from Breganze.

Torcolato from Breganze is a DOC passito wine (Denomination of Controlled Origin) with a sweet, velvety and decisive mouthfeel, with a yellow color and the intense aroma typical of raisins.

Its production is allowed in the province of Vicenza and, more precisely, between the valleys of the Astico river and the Brenta river, including several locations such as the hills of Breganze, the old walls of Marostica and the famous Bassano del Grappa.

Torcolato from Breganze

To produce this typical dessert wine, which is certainly one of the most prized and appreciated wines of the Vicenza area, 85% Vespaiolo grapes are used and, for the remaining 15%, Tocai, Garganega and Durella grapes. The processing requires time and patience, in fact after the harvest, the grapes are left to dry in the ventilated barns or in suitable premises.

Torcolato from Breganze

Each bunch is hung on the beams after being "twisted", that is, after being tied with twine so as to simultaneously favor the concentration of the juice of the berries and the elimination of excess water. After a few months we move on to the pressing and fermentation of the wine. One of the most important steps is aging in oak barrels, which ranges from a minimum of one and a half years to four years. Do not miss "La Prima del Torcolato" an event held in Breganze in mid-January, with visits to the cellars, tastings and choreographic pressing.

◊ THE TERRITORY ◊

The Vicenza Province

Above all emerge the numerous Palladian villas and the sumptuous palaces.

◊ SPECIAL CATEGORIES ◊

The Veneto Region, nestled in the north-east of Italy, is a mix of history and traditions and, all of it, is enriched by the liveliness of its inhabitants and by a wide range of typical products all to be savored. From the highest peaks of the Dolomites, he embraces and welcomes each visitor with brotherly warmth, accommodating him among the many lounges of his cities of art, giving him unforgettable emotions. Turning between the pages of this site, you can organize your next holidays in the Veneto region and thanks to the many photos published, everything will be very simple.

◊ SPORTS CATEGORY ◊

In this chapter we discuss Sport, that is, from the easiest sports activities for families to the most complex and demanding ones.

◊ KITCHEN CATEGORY

In this chapter we discuss the incredible world of Venetian cuisine, from the typical local products to the recipes typical of our mothers.

◊ NATURE CATEGORY ◊

In this chapter we discuss the Nature that surrounds us, a territory rich in biodiversity and particularly fragile, therefore absolutely to be respected.

◊ HISTORY CATEGORY ◊

In this chapter we discuss the history which, over time, has transformed, shaped and marked the territory of the Veneto region.

◊ MY WAY CATEGORY ◊

In this chapter we treat My Way, a useful window to start planning and defining a nice weekend among the wonders of the Veneto region.