In this chapter we discuss another wonder of the architect Andrea Palladio, located in Caldogno, in the Veneto plain, Villa Caldogno.
Villa Caldogno is located in the center of Caldogno in the province of Vicenza and is included among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1996 with other Palladian villas. It rises from a pre-existing building of the first half of the fifteenth century, clearly visible in the basement, which currently houses the municipal library.
Losco Caldogno, the client, was an aristocrat from Vicenza and a great silk merchant and in 1541 he inherited an agricultural court and numerous fields near Caldogno.
Given the economic availability of the family, he commissioned the renovation of the building to artists of the first order, including the architect Andrea Palladio.
The main facade is characterized by three large arches that create a two-tone contrast with the remaining facade, while above there is the triangular pediment.
The structure of the internal rooms is not perfectly proportioned and the various frescoes have been executed by Giovanni Antonio Fasolo and Giambattista Zelotti between 1568 and 1570.
Are you looking for something else near here ???