In this chapter we discuss one of the most famous and elegant buildings of the Grand Canal, do not miss the Ca' Pesaro Palace.
Ca' Pesaro Palace, an imposing building, initially consisted of three medieval palaces, until it was bought by the Pesaro family between 1558 and 1628. The architect Baldassare Longhena was commissioned for restoration work, which ended around 1710, when the architect and the owners died. In any case, years and years of work, they were necessary to make this palace one of the masterpieces of the Venetian Baroque. In the nineteenth century, the Duchess Bevilacqua La Masa, granted the palace to the city with the aim of displaying works by various Venetian artists still untested.
Today the building houses the International Gallery of Modern Art, owned by the Venezia Biennale, whose collection presents works by 19th and early 20th century artists such as Henri Matisse, Marc Chagall, Gustav Klimt, Paul Klee, Henry Moore, Kandinsky and other important Italian artists. The palace also houses the Museum of Oriental Art, a rich collection of Chinese and Japanese artifacts, collected by the Count of Bardi during his travels in the nineteenth century.
Are you looking for something else near here ???