In this chapter we discuss an important building in the Paduan countryside, the Praglia Abbey, a Benedictine monastery located in the Euganean Hills.
The Praglia Abbey is a Benedictine monastery located in the municipality of Teolo in the Paduan countryside at the foot of Mount Lonzina, on the Euganean Hills. This ancient monastery was founded in the 11th century by the Maltraversi family from Vicenza, for the Benedictine order, known at the time as "Pratalia", only the bell tower remains of the original medieval building. The large abbey complex in late Gothic style, is divided into four particular cloisters communicating with each other.
The church dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Assumption is the heart of the whole monastery and of community life. The building is in the shape of a Latin cross with three naves, built on a design by Tullio Lombardo around 1490-1550, inside we find works by Venetian painters of the XVI - XVII centuries.